Organica day Spa is a small boutique day spa offering many different natural therapies, massage therapy, beauty treatments, day spa treatments & spa packages 10 min south of Noosa and 5 min north of Coolum Beach on the Sunshine Coast.
All bookings require credit card details to hold bookings & minimum 24hrs for cancelation or full charge applies
Best Swedish massage in Noosa & coolum & is the best-known type of bodywork performed today, one of the primary goals of the Swedish massage technique is to relax the entire body. This is accomplished by massaging the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart & goes beyond relaxation.
Swedish massage is exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension & includes circular pressure applied by the hands and palms, firm kneading, percussion-like tapping, bending and stretching.
From a health prospective people receiving swedish massage experienced significant decreases in levels of the stress hormone cortisol, as well as arginine vasopressin-a hormone that can lead to increases in cortisol & increases in the number of lymphocytes, white blood cells that are part of the immune system. Boosting the immune cells that may help fight colds and the flu.
Swedish Massage Benefits
Unlike drug therapy, which is often associated with many systemic and long-term side effects, massage therapy is relatively safe and has few contraindications. It also provides many benefits.
Swedish Massage Physical benefits
There are numerous physical benefits associated with the use of Swedish massage:
- loosening tight muscles and stretching connective tissues
- relieving cramps and muscle spasms and decreasing muscle fatigue
- loosening joints and improving range of motion
- increasing muscle strength
- calming the nervous system
- stimulating blood circulation
- firming up muscle and skin tone
- relieving symptoms of such disorders as asthma , arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome , chronic and acute pain syndromes, myofacial pain, headache , temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction, and athletic injuries
- speeding up healing from injury and illness
- improving lymphatic drainage of metabolic wastes
Swedish Massage Mental and emotional benefits
Mental benefits associated with massage therapy include the following:
- mental relaxation
- improvement in length and quality of sleep
- relief of stress, depression, anxiety and irritation
- increased ability to concentrate
- improved sense of well-being